Tuesday 23 June 2009

A TASTE OF SUMMER!




Good morning all
For this week's challenge over at the Cuttlebug Spot Nilda asked us to to do a card based on end of school or beginning of Summer. I chose beginning of Summer and decided to make an icecream card as my childhood memories of Summer were that when I had ice creams I knew Summer was here!
It's quite a large card (white base) and I designed the card with DS and my cricut by simply welding some rectangles from Plantin School and the ice cream border feature on doodlecharms. I cut the border ice cream in a creamy pearlescent card and cuttled the cones wit QK Diamonds and dots folder and the cut the layers twice in pink, mint and lemon pearlescent card. The mint and pink are embossed with elegant swirls cbug folder and a portion cut away of the top layer to insert the chocolate 'flakes' I made which are just a strip of brown card embossed with cb distressed stripes. I cut some teeny squares of brown for the choc chips on the mint choc chip ice cream, swiped some red ink over the pink ice cream for the rasberry ripple and covered the lemon sorbet in diamond dust. The gingham and dotty paper are Making Memories and the little labels on the ice creams and sentiment are computer generated. The cherries on the tops are clear dome stickers with red card,
This was a fun challenge! Pop over to the Cuttlebug spot and see the great ideas everyone came up with and we'd love you to join in and see your ideas too!
Have a great day everyone
Juliexx

13 comments:

Scrappymax said...

Ooooh I want one of these icecreams as they look delicious. Great card Julie, I adore all the colours and all the little bits you've added to really bring it to life.
Max x

Measha06 said...

I love this card, three icecreams and not an inch on the hips. Anybody would love to receive this. My favourite sort of colours all the pastels!

Jo said...

This is darling ... and all the little details are just perfect. I'm ready for a trip to the ice cream parlor!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Wow wow, Julie this is the cutest card ever... It is just tooo cute.

Riet said...

What beautiful Julie.

Hugs Riet.x

Jeannie Phillips said...

Love love this..it is so summertime...so perfect for the challenge... I love the chocolate sticks.
Hugs
Jeannie

Kris said...

Juse adorable Julie and it certainly looks like summer!...Kris ps - I was still about 20 feet away from thsat lizard.

Myrt said...

...oh wow, how cute is this! I'll have a chocolate chip cone, please! (lol) - well done as always, Julie.

Carole Beath said...

This is one really cute card. Mmmm, I scream for Ice Cream now.

Kelly said...

What a great card...so YUMMY! You really did a grreat job with all the detail!

Sandi said...

Julie, those cones are great, each time I look at them, I am ready for one. Sandi

"Um Buggin" said...

Sure could use one of those yummie ice cream cones about now! It is 98 degrees here. Super cute Julie!

Hugz, xx

~L~

PapierGirl said...

Ooooh Julie this card is yummy! Just love all the pastels! Cathy xx :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails