Monday 29 June 2009

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY! CUTTLEBUG SPOT CHALLENGE







Good morning all
This is my DT card for the Cuttlebug Spot this week. Nilda asked us to make a project to celebrate your country. I decided to make a card to say Happy 4th July to all my lovely US blogger and cricut MB cyber friends I have made, so to all of you this card is to celebrate YOUR country!
I made the card with DS and with list the carts below
Don Juan White card no 4 base and blue/white stars layer
Plantin School Happy and th welded word and shadow
Walk in my Garden of which is from the phrase 'of you'
Sesame St Font July weled shadow and part letters
Celebrations Balloons
I've never used so many carts on one design and I think I need to get a jukebox!!
The papers used are a freebie digital download (I will post the blog when I find it) for the blue/white stars and the rest are from Pink Petticoat CD and I changed the stripey paper to red and white in my graphics programme . Silver mirri card.
I used cut down lolly sticks to hold the balloons for rigidity and they are stuck fast with glossy accents! The of is cuttled with Quickutz embossing folder Stripes Label and July is cuttled with Swiss Dots embossing folder. I added a thin piece of red ribbon to finish off.
I would like to say that my inspiration for the 4 shaped card came from remembering a 4th birthday card that my fabulously talented MB friend Donna Mundinger made last year so thank you Donna! If you haven't seen Donna's blog I urge you to visit as Donna is the Queen of shaped cards. See her magnificent work here.
I really enjoyed making this card and would love you to join us over at the Cuttlebug Spot this week!
Have a great week everyone!
Juliex






14 comments:

Norine said...

wow you did a great job on this chall
love it
Hugs
Norine

Measha06 said...

I love this, I adore shaped cards. What a good job of welding etc. you have used.

Sandi said...

Julie, this is up up and away, colors are vibrant love every single piece. Hugs, Sandi

DonnaMundinger said...

WooHoo Julie! LOVE this! Want to do some decorations for my party and would love to scraplift this but don't have all the carts. May have to improvise. It's FABULoUS!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Julie, you never cease to amaze me, totally awesome

Riet said...

Wowwww Julie,what beautiful.

Hugs riet.x

Anonymous said...

Julie, it's WONDERFUL! What a really cool shaped card. It looks like you put much effort into this one! I love all the details!

Unknown said...

Fantastic job! Love your take on this weeks challenge. Just gorgeous!

Valerie said...

This is so fantastic. I have passed on an award to you at my blog. Thank you for sharing your creations with everyone.

Myrt said...

...oh wow, Julie - this is fantastic! You come up with the neatest ideas.

Scrappymax said...

Julie this is absolutely brilliant. I love how you have cut the shape, the colours, the cleanness of it. I love it all.
Thank you so much for all your lovely comments on my blog and of course you can scraplift my shoe idea. Have fun MAX x

scrappin_mom3 said...

Julie this is just FABULOUS work! I love it! At first I thought it was a centerpiece ( which was still amazing) and then to find out it's a card! WOWZERS...blow me away!

Sara Maria's world ❤️ said...

That's very nice, very good job!!!!:):)

Lana Clarke said...

You have done a wonderful job for this challenge Julie.
hugs
Lana x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails