Monday 1 June 2009

'BEST FRIENDS!'




















Good evening
I am excited to say that I am now a proud member of the Cuttlebug Spot DT and here is my first card. Nilda asked us to make a card using a stamped and coloured image. Now this was a big challenge for me in itself as I have never done it! I found this cute Precious Moments image download for free on the internet and 'coloured' it with promarkers. As you can see I need lots more practise! In an attempt to hide my naive colouring skills I used my inksentials opaque white pen and polka dotted the dresses and shoes! The card is 6x6", pink backing paper from my stash. The frame I made to fit round my image in DS and is the scalloped square frame from Accent Essentials cart cut in white card and cuttled with Swiss Dots embossing folder. I then cut a smaller sized frame in pink sized to make a 'mount' within the frame. I gave the little girls a pearl necklace and bracelet. added some flowers and pearl centres from my stash and some white ribbon from CostCo and the stick pin is by Fancy Pants. Sentiment is computer generated font is Cheri.
Please come over and join us at the Cuttlebug spot and show us your wonderful creations.
Thanks for looking

Juliexx

20 comments:

Creative Momma said...

Julie, this card is so adorable!!! I love precious moments...and the colors in this card are so beautiful!!

Bamabel said...

This is just so adorable! Welcome to the DT! :)

Aymee

"Um Buggin" said...

Julie, i knew I could count on your to come out with a bang!! This is such a sweet and adorable card, and your coloring is just perfect. This card would be welcome by anyone, and I love the colors you used. So precious girlfriend. Welcome to the team!!

Hugz, xx

~L~

Tammy said...

What a pretty card! Love the image and the embossing! Great job!

Hugs

Tammy

Barbara said...

Julie, this is just precious! I love the little pearl bracelet and necklace!! Such little ladies!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Julie this is so cute. I love how you made the braclet and the necklace, how creative you are... And your coloring is great. Congrats on being part of the cuttlebug team.. they have chosen well by inviting you. Awesome card

Linnie said...

This is soooo cute congrats on your DT spot
luv
linnie

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the team, Julie! How adorable is this? I love the soft colors you used and the way you framed the image!

Scrappymax said...

Julie congrats on your DT post and your first assignment is so pretty, I love it and your colouring is excellent not at all naive. I always feel happy when I see these colours

Karen Brooks said...

Julie this card is just adorable! I love your stamped image! Welcome to the DT at The Cuttlebug Spot! KarenB

DonnaMundinger said...

This is just the sweetest Julie! Every thin about it is just perfect. So happy to have you a part of the team! Hugs, D

Loopylou. said...

i love it julie, this one just shows why you are on the cuttlebugspot dt hunny, its beautiful xxxxx

Bella and Aidees Mom said...

Julie,
This is so sweet...Krista

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Julie,l love the image and colour.

Hugs Riet.x

Lana Clarke said...

Firstly Julie gorgeous card, secondly the colouring is so good I actually thought you had printed the images on patterned paper....
Fab 1st card for the cuttlebug spot
Hugs
Lana x

Myrt said...

Oh Julie, this card is soooooooo precious - cutest graphic, your colouring is superb - nice layout - everything about it makes it so sweet.

Karen said...

Awww.... Such a sweet card! I love all the dots and spots on your card! From the dots on the clothing (a happy little addition!), to the pearls the girls wear, to the flower centers, to the embossed dotted frame.....its all so cohesive!! Looks great! :>

strawberry fields said...

such a sweetie of a card! Thanks for visiting my blog
fiona x

Barbara said...

Hi, Julie! I have something for you over here

Amanda T said...

Oh oh! SO CUTE! Love that colored image. Love the colors and those flowers in the corner. Such a sweet card!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails