Tuesday 16 June 2009

Happy Father's Day!







Hi everyone
This is my DT card for the Cuttlebug Spot this week. Nilda asked us to think of Father's day and make a card for dads grandads Uncles etc.
I decided to give my card a nautical feel as my dad was a Naval Officer in his younger days. I designed the card in DS with Plantin School and an anchor from Going Places(only because Lab had not been added to DS and I find out today that it has in a new update!) all in shadow and welded for the card base. The backing papers are printed from Pink Petticoat Daisy Daisy CD. the anchor was cut again in shadow in navy and in gold mirricard twice and the top one pop dotted and cuttled (sorry I don't remember what the folder is called.) The ships wheel is cutfrom Lab, Dad is from Beyond Birthdays cut in white and gold mirri shadow and the sentiment is computer generated and printed on gold inkjet film and punched with 1 1/2" round punch. And finally as I am a hoarder and keep things because you never know when they will come in useful the chain around the anchor is a piece of cheap costume jewelry I had in the 80's or 90's!! lol!!
Thanks for looking and don't forget to pop over to the Cuttlebug Spot and see all the gorgeous and beautiful cards the team have made this week and join in and get your Father's Day card done too!

21 comments:

Marcy said...

I just love your card. it is obvious that alot of thought and creativity went into making it. Just awesome, DT Sista!
Best,
Marcy

Scrappymax said...

Julie, this is stunning. What a wonderful Father's Day card really masculine and he will love it. I love the colours and all the dimension you have given it. Fab.
Max x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Julie.

Hugs Riet.x

Kruemel said...

This is awesome! Love your layers and the colors are perfect for this nautical card.
Just in case I haven´t said this before: Wellcome in the Cuttlebugspot DT!
Cuttlehugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Anonymous said...

Julie, this is one awesome card! I love everything about it! I have something for you on my blog.

Sandi said...

Julie, this is just spectacular, the dimension and texture, love your metal. Sandi

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card! HUGS...SK : )

"Um Buggin" said...

Julie, this card is stunning!!! I left a message on the mb, but this card is so awesome, it deserves my vote for the second time. I love it! I know Dad will be in awhhhh!!

Hugz, xx

~L~

Unknown said...

This is absolutely stunning! Love all of the details you added. Oh so wonderful!!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Julie, you did a fanastic job on this... I so love it...

Karen said...

Oh! Oh! Oh!! Your Father's Day card is just too fabulous!! And I so love you REuse of that chain! Good to know that us hoarders remember to pull things out and use them! :>

Stacey said...

wow, this is so stunning I love it!!!

Scossie Jane said...

WOW, what a wonderful and original card Julie, love it xx

Myrt said...

....oh my word, Julie, what an awesome card! I wish I had half of your thinking power - you came up with a beauty!

Barbara said...

Awesome, awesome card! I love the colors and shapes. Your composition is inspired!

Barb

Adriann said...

Very clever use of the Cuttlebug!

Lana Clarke said...

Great card Julie and i love the chain you have added.
Hugs
Lana x

Jules said...

Hi Julie

Wow - I love this card and so will your Dad. such a lot of love and thought has gone into it.

I know someone this would be perfect for if altered to have a female slant. Great inspiration - thank you.

Thank you also for faithfully looking for the heart in my cards - the heart on the "tile" type card was in the bottom right hand corner. It was just a small clear sticky heart.

Have a great weekend - when it arrives!

Love Jules xx

Anita said...

OMG!! I love this card!! Great Work!! Thanks for the comment on my blog!!

Measha06 said...

Julie this comment is not relevant to this design but thought you might be able to help me. I have been admiring Enfys's butterfly and she says it was a gift from you. Is there any chance you can direct me to where these are sold so I may purchase one. Thanks Liz

Measha06 said...

I forgot to say, very ingenious design.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails