Friday 12 June 2009

HAVE A 'JELLY' HAPPY BIRTHDAY!




Good morning
Hope you are all looking forward to the weekend. I am, I'm going down to West Wales to open up my caravan for the first time this year! With the rotten weather and being ill I haven't been down yet and the caravan park has been open since 1st April!! So really looking forward to it and hope the weather stays fine!
Anyway I just wanted to post a card I did for the Lily Boo DT I am on. I used the jelly fish image from the Under Water Collection. I made a shadow box using DS and George Cartridge. I printed the image on to inkjet acetate and coloured it with permanent markers and stickled it from the back for a glittery effect. The acetate panel was then adhered behind the oval aperture. I did a couple more jelly fish which I added to the back inside of the shadow box. The backing paper is illusion film which is a plastic like material and when you move it it moves and just looks like water (I hope this makes sense!) I cut some seaweed in olive green pearlescent card which I cuttled with the CB floral screen embossing folder and some coral in pink and orange pearlescent which I cuttled with swiss dots and layered them on the front of the card. The sentiment is computer generated and font is fruitopia. Finally I added some cloud 9 raindots for the bubbles. I had fun making this card I hope you like it! Lily-Boos has some wonderful images all very different and Sam the lady who is the artist is very talented. Pop over and have a look at the image collections, they come in sets of 6 images for just £1.99 and she also has some freebies on the site too. These are so easy just print and colour!
I'm off now so won't be able to check in til Sunday evening when I get back as no internet connection at the caravan park! Have a great weekend everyone!
Juliexx

16 comments:

Jeannie Phillips said...

I love this card...you did great job on the jelly fish...wonderfu wonderful job.... its a fun card...and so so effective.
hugs
Jeannie

Kris said...

Julie what a wonderful, whimsical card. I left you something on my blog...hugs...Kris

DonnaMundinger said...

Wow is this cool Julie! It really looks like an underwater scene. I went immediately looking online for laser transparancy paper. Bet you could kick yoursef for not buying more of that blue watery looking stuff. It's gorgeous! Just love it! xxD

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Julie,l love the colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Enfys said...

This is wonderful Julie, really looks underwatery, love it. Have a great weekend,
luv
En x

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Julie this is so cute. Do you have a .cut file for the shadow box??? I would so love it if you are sharing.. (non2@sbcglobal.net)f

Magoo said...

I am just blown away by how real the water looks! What a creative card~so original :) LOVE IT!

PapierGirl said...

Hi Julie! What a great card - looks so real! Hope your feeling better and you had a relaxing weekend! Cathy xx

Lana Clarke said...

Hope you have a fab time this weekend Julie I think the weather is suppose to be good ;0)
I love this card it is so realistic and fun. You have done a wonderful job
Hugs
Lana x

Myrt said...

...oh my, Julie, what a fantastic card - sounds like a lot of work and I have to admit I'm lost with some of your techniques (I've got a lot to learn) - very cute idea and well done.

Ink with Heather said...

this card is so beautiful, you've come such a long way baby, keep up the beautiful work julie, i love seeing your stuff on the cricut site :)

Anonymous said...

AWESOME! I keep going back to look at it! What a wonderful job you did with all of the features!

Julie said...

Love, Love, Love this card.

Claire Phillips said...

This is a fantastic card - I love it - thanks for dropping by my blog. Cheers Claire x

Spyder said...

Brilliant card, love the idea
((Lyn))

It's Jenn! said...

TOO COOL! I love this!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails