Monday 8 June 2009

ANNIVERSARY CARD







Good morning all
Here I am and sorry I haven't blogged for a week but I'm finally finally feeling much better after the bug I had. I did my DT card for cuttlebug spot and have even made 3 birtday cards this morning and finally started my DT card for Lily Boos at last! How long does stickles take to dry on acetate??! I have to go to work soon so I will probably finish it tomorrow! Oh and it's my Birthday today hmm fancy going to work on your birthday! I don't mind I 've had lots of lovely cards and gifts and loads of lovely calls this morning from friends and family so am already having a wonderful day!
Anyway I digress! On to the details for my DT card. Nilda asked us to do an anniversary card so this is what I came up with. The card is 6x6" white. Hearts are from Doodlecharms and are cut at real size dial 2@4" and 2@3". The large heart is embossed with one of the new quickutz folders diamond and dots and the smaller heart with cb divine swirls. I then sandwiched the white maribou feathers between the 2 big hearts with glue and pop dots. The small heart is pop dotted too. I then blinged the hearts with gems and also used prima say it in crystals on the card. Organza ribbon across the middle and sentiment is computer generated and pop dotted too. Pop over to the Cuttlebug spot and see the fabulous cards the DT have made this week and if you join in the challenge there's another great prize to be won!!
Thanks for looking and have a lovely day
Julie xx who is still finding bits of maribou feathers even though I've cleaned up!! :)



22 comments:

Jeannie Phillips said...

I love the feather and the bling...this card is stunning... I was so proud of my card then saw all of yours... I will get better I will get better...lol this is stunning...just breath taking.
hugs
Jeannie

Scrappymax said...

Oh Julie this is exquisite, it is so elegant, I wish I was the recipient of this. I love the way you have done sandwich the feathers.

Measha06 said...

This is very very elegant and one of the smartest mono cards I have seen in a long time. A wonderful example of hand crafting.

Unknown said...

Just gorgeous! Love the feather and bling accents. Beautiful card!

poupetteval said...

wowwwwwwww amazing !!! feathers and bling give to this card something really " classe "

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Julie.

Hugs Riet.x

Kruemel said...

This is such a beautiful, elegant card. Love it!
Cuttlehugs,
Kathrin aka Kruemel

Barbara said...

Julie, I absolutely love this card! It is so elegant and will be a cherished keepsake of the day.

Hugs!

Magoo said...

oh my gosh! are you kidding me!? This has got to be the PRETTIEST anniversary card I have ever seen! Wicked job :)

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Very stunning, elegant and beautiful.. you did good..

"Um Buggin" said...

OMG!!! Julie, this card is just stunning!! I found it on the mb, and left a comment, but just had to leave one here too. Oh forgive me Julie, I did'nt check your stats on the mb to find out when your bd was. Happy Birthday my friend, I will make sure I remember now. You are 2 days after my sons. I glad you are feeling better.

Hugz, xx

~L~

Lana Clarke said...

Happy Birthday Julie!!!!!!!!
I wish I would have know :0(
Your card is so 1920's I love it and the feather is the perfect touch ;0)
I am lovin your tunes by the way
Have a fab day
Hugs
Lana x

Dawn Gallop🐝 said...

Oh Julie this is STUNNING!!!! I love the bling, the two different hearts and the feather all GORGEOUS!!!! Thanks for stopping by that was so very sweet of you, I so much appreciate your wonderful commnet. Have a WONDERFUL Day!! Dawn

Dawn Gallop🐝 said...

Oh Julie..I saw one of your fav. movies is Wuthering Heights...mine too!!

Amanda T said...

Julie, this card is stunning!! I love those hearts, the bling and the feather! It is so classy. You are amazingly talented!! Just beautiful. You are truly an inspiration to me, and after seeing this, I need to get workin'!!

Myrt said...

Hi Julie - I'm a day late, but belated Happy Birthday and hope you had a wonderful day.
It's good to hear you are feeling better.
Your Anniversary Card is absolutely stunning - gorgeous - I've never seen anything like it - love all the gems on it. Well done!

Jules said...

Wow Julie - this is gorgeous. I love it!!!

Hope you had a great birthday.

Love Jules xx

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh Julie! I'm sorry I missed your birthday yesterday! Hope it was a great one and you're feeling much better. This card is absolutely stunning! Just LOVE the feathers and bling! Great big belated birthday HUGS! D

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Julie, I left you something on my blog... thanks for all of your encouraging comments.
Hugs

craftaddict said...

Julie this is a beautful card, one to put in my inspiration folder.
When you next visit my blog please pick up my friends award for your blog.
xxxx eileen

craftaddict said...

Forgeot to say a HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY and so glad you are feeling better.

Karen Brooks said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better!!! This card is just gorgeous! I love all the white with the feather and touches of bling! Amazing job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails