Sunday 7 September 2008

ALEX AN 18TH MINI ALBUM













click on pictures for a better view! The first 5 photos at the top of this post should be at the bottom after these photos to tell the story!


Good Evening


Or should that be good morning as it's 1.15am here!!



I was asked to do a mini album for an 18th. My mum's best friend known to me as Auntie Sheila (as she and my mum have been best friends since they were 11 years old!!) asked if I would do a mini album for her granddaughter Alex who is turning 18 today! I have only done a couple of these before I did one each for my Mum and Dad when they turned 70 two years ago so I said yes!



Alex is a cyclist and this weekend is in Poland defending her European Junior Points Champion title that she won last year! We heard yesterday that she had retained her title! WAY TO GO ALEX watch out for her in the future! and a Happy 18th Birthday for today!



For the album I used a 6x6 ready made K&Co Neapolitan album, there were a lot of pictures to fit in so I kept it quite simple using some epoxy stickers , Queen & co felt borders in lilac cut up as accents on the pages. I also had this cute little silver bicycle charm that I joined to one of the photos with a jump ring. For the matting of the photos I used Anna Griffin papers and also Anna Griffin paper for the journalling tags that were computer generated with a CK font.



I made a box using a .cut file from Okieladybug it was her 6" cheesecake box and I just deleted the circle cut out! So Thank you Okie this was a perfect size for the album. Cream Anna Griffin cardstock for the base and a 12x12 paper from K&CO Neapolitan stack for the lid which match the album perfectly. Some organza ribbon from my stash!



My Auntie was very pleased with the Album and will give it to Alex when she returns from her

cycling competition.


Whoops! the photos have come up very randomly and not being very computer savvy with regards to blogging I can't move them around so sorry for the order they are in!!



Thanks for looking!
















5 comments:

"Um Buggin" said...

Julie, This came out so perfect! I love the color and all the little added charms and details. I know she couldn't help but love this, and it really makes the perfect birthday gift, along with her winning her title. Congrats to the young lady, and to you Julie for creating such a lovin and caring treasured gift. TFS

"Um Buggin"

Lana Clarke said...

This is great Julie she will treasure this!
I always think personalised gifts are the best and especially when they are handmade.
Hugs
Lana x

Lana Clarke said...

Just me again Julie,
I only could view the first couple of pics earlier and just viewed the beautiful box you made to put the album in. It's gorgeous
hugs
Lana x

Tip Top said...

This is great!! And thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog! So I thought I'd come and visit you!

Off to have a look at more of your wonderful creations! Hope to see some Pinkie Pops too (if you do buy it!)

Enfys said...

What a gorgeous 18th present, I love the detail you put in and the colours are young and vibrant. Great job x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails