Tuesday 21 September 2010

BOO!! BBTB2 Candle Challenge
















































Good evening
This week over at BBTB2 the fabulously talented Sandi Kelly chose the candle cut from October 31st cart. I don't have this cart so after searching through my carts found this candle on the Christmas Noel solutions cart.

I made a shaped card using the candle in DS (which I am so happy to say is back up and running! I felt so lost without it and would like to thank Provo for getting me back up and running with DS so quickly! I emailed them and within a few days received an email with a new activation code. Great service!) My card is 7 3/4" tall and the card shape was cut in black card on shadow then another shadow in black .The base is cut from orange glitter card and pop dotted for dimension. The ghosts are a Sizzix die cut twice , once in white card and again in white glitter card. I sandwiched a small piece of black glitter card between my ghosts so that they have black sparkly eyes! and also some black glitter card behind the orange flame. The large ghost is sandwiched between the shadow and base layer of the candle and the smaller ghost pop dotted atop the candle.Finally BOO is cut from another Sizzix die in black glitter card.

So come on over and join in our challenge and just take a look at the fabulous creations the DT have created again this week! You can use any candle cut and we would love you to join us!

Thanks for visiting today
Juliexx

25 comments:

liz at liz's paper loft said...

very creative use of a cart! love the card!
liz:o)

Jeri said...

I absolutely love how you took the Christmas Noel cartridge and made it into Halloween. Those two ghosts are a wonderful addition and the sparkle and shine are super. Fantastic job!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

That is so very clever Julie... I love it.

"Um Buggin" said...

How very creative my friend! Love that you taken a regular candle and turned it into a masterpiece. Love it Julie! Hope to chat soon.

Hugz, xx

~L~

Loopylou. said...

oh julie, i love this card!! it is so cool!!!!! love the orange glittery card and the sppoky ghosty. huge hugs Lou xxx

GiuliaG. said...

Very cool card. I love the sparkly paper.

Stacey said...

very spooky Julie, love it x x x

DonnaMundinger said...

Love, love, LOVE all the glitter going on here, girlfriend! Your little ghosties are too cute to spook and the candle is fab! xxD

A Little Time said...

This was on a Christmas cart!?!? You did an incredible job making it spooky!! WOW!! I love the glittery orange paper.

Joanna said...

OMG I loove the bling! Great take on the challenge..the ghosts are perfect! :)

Sandi said...

Julie I love this Halloween cute cute cute hugs

Donna said...

I love this! Great sparkly and fun card. Just wanted to drop by and say hello. I'm a new DT member at the Cuttlebug Spot. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Helen said...

This is fab - what a fun card!
Looking forward to working with you on the Cuttlebug Spot! :0)
Helen x

Penny'sfromHeavenreborn Nursery said...

Julie

Great take on this challenge, I love the Ghosts, the sparkle adds A POP to an already great creation...

HUGS
Penny

PeggyLovesVintage said...

Julie, that's an awesome card... love the candle and the ghosts. Very creative with the colors and the sparkle! Very cool! Hugs!

Karen Pinsonat said...

very cute card, love all the glitter!

Kerry said...

Wow this is just great and I'm looking forward to joining you on the Cuttlebug design team.

**Treefrog** said...

What a great sparkly card, love it! Cute little ghosts too. I used Christmas Noel also but went the Christmas route!
((Hugs)) Theresa

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Well I am gonna have to check out that cart as I love candles and have never noticed it, note to self, must look with eyes open LOL! Really love it tho and the ghost are way too cute.

hugs
Kaye x

flowerdisco said...

hey Julie...yeah! long time no see you but we have no excuses now, lol.
Busy blogger world :P
Glad we are going to be teamsters at the cuttlebug spot :}

Donna said...

This is adorable! What fun decor. Can't wait to see what you create for the Cuttlebug Spot.

Anonymous said...

Just been looking through ur recent cards, Damn girl, u r one talented lady!!!
So excited about being a part of the cuttlebug spot design team with you. cant wait to see what u come up with next xxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Julie! I've been such a poor blogger lately and now I'm trying to play catch up! I love your spooky Halloween candle card, with the ghosts popping out from the sides! Oooooohhh... I and like how it all sparkles! Fun card!

Amanda T said...

SO CUTE! Love it.

Nikki said...

This is sooo cool!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails