Sunday 20 June 2010

SEQUIN FLOWERS THE PLAY DATE CAFE


































Good morning
Happy Father's day to all the dad's out there today!
I was recently making this card and when bloghopping spotted that Julie's colour challenge over at The Play Date Cafe this week was the exact same colours I was working with so I am entering it into the challenge, I've never been brave enouigh to date, have you seen the creativeness over there wow!!
Anyway the reason for this card was to send out to Crafty Sue who recently won my little blog candy which included  some stringed sequins and of course I had to buy myself some and decided to create the little flowers in the same way the ribbon flowers I have been seeing have been made by just twirling round and round til you are happy with the size you need!
The card is approx 6x4" black card base. The paper is printed on card from Pink Petticoat Lola's Boudoir CD . I cut the stems by hand and added a black bow to finish off. Sequins and ribbon are from Hobbycraft.
Have a great Sunday everyone I'm off to see my dad for Father's day then taking Connor and his friend Jack go-karting!!
Juliexx

15 comments:

Myrt said...

Love your sequin flowers, Julie - so creative you are! The splash of colour in 'The Play Date Cafe' one is gorgeous - have never seen that before and will have to look at their site. TFS your beautiful creations.

Beebeebabs said...

Absolutely stunning never thought of using sequin for flowers tfs

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Well that is just to creative, I love the sequin for the flowers... Just simply gorgeous.

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Julie.

Hugs Riet.xx

Craftbugmum said...

Wow Julie what a lovely card the the sequin idea would never I thought of using then in that way, but may have ago now, thanks
Fi xx

Julie Ranae said...

So glad to see you, Julie! Great entry for this week's challenge in The Play Date Cafe...hope to see another one soon ; )

"Um Buggin" said...

Well look at you Missy!!! Julie, this is just stunning my friend! I love, love, love, did I say LOVE!!, that flower. I tell ya' you are so very creative,you should never doubt yourself. I love that splash of color, agaist that adorable paper. The black bow really finishes it off with a bang! I hope we can get to chat soon, I really miss our little chats.

Hugz, xx

~L~

Kelly said...

WOW! This is absolutely stunning Julie! I love the colors and SO creative to use sequins, it adds so much dimension.Love it!

DonnaMundinger said...

Gorgeous Julie! Love how you did the flowers. I can't believe you're ever afraid to enter into a challenge. All of your designs are just FABULOUS! xxD

Lisa Somerville said...

How fun, love your creative flowers. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Ruby said...

Ooh this is lovely! Great background and I love the pop of those flowers, they're great! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

What a great card to send out with RAK---I love the sequin idea for flowers:) Very clever! I also love how they are popping with blue:) Great job! Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC:)

Unknown said...

Oh, Julie.. this is FABULOUS! Love your sequin flowers.. so gorgeous! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

Suzanne C said...

Wonderful sequin flowers! they add such a fabulous effect. Thanks for playing in the PDCC this week!

Stacey said...

oh julie this is gorgeous! so elegant I love the flowers they are stunning x x

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails