Sunday 9 November 2008

BBTB CONTEST NON TRADITIONAL COLOURS CHRISTMAS WREATH CARD








Good afternoon everyone
This is a card I made for BBTB's latest contest. This time Regina asked for a Christmas card to be made with non-traditional Christmas colours and we could use any cut from any cart.
My card is a pink and silver wreath card. The card is cut from JOTS tag card shape which I put into design studio and added another circle from plantin inside so it became an aperture card. This was cut from pink mirri silk card. I used a spellbinders die for the silver holly which is cut from silver mirri card and the berries are clear skittles which I coloured pink with a permanent marker pen. I wound tiny silver bead trim around the wreath and added a silver Merry Christmas peel off inside the card. I used Pink satin and silver ribbon for the bow.
The card was really hard to photograph being metallic and the ribbon looks like it doesn't match but in real life it is a perfect match!!
Thanks all for looking and have a great day!
Please make sure you visit Regina's Bitten By The Bug blog she has a wonderful design team who come up with the most spectacular cards! http://regina-bittenbythebug.blogspot.com/

18 comments:

Lana Clarke said...

Wow Julie this is stunning!!!!!!!!
I love how you use mirri card it always look fab!
Please pop to my blog.
Hugs
Lana x

Barbara said...

Julie, this is gorgeous! love the colors and the 3-demensional effect.

Justine said...

WOWW Julie, I love this card, you are soooo clever!!
Justine x

"Um Buggin" said...

WOWSER!!! Julie, this is fantastic!! I love the colors you used and the cuts and leaves are just beautiful. This is a sure winner in my book. You always do exceptional work girlfriend. TFS

~L~

Tracy said...

Julie this card is absolutely stunning, i love the colours you've used, please can i go on your Christmas list:), good luck in the contest, sure looks like a winner to me! T xx

Brens Designs said...

Absolutely beautiful card!!! I love the colors you used.

Carole Beath said...

Wow wow, the colors on this card are stunning and I love that embossing.. So clever...

Regina Easter said...

oh my gosh..........this is STUNNING....

diana*bugalicious said...

i love this! it's absolutely gorgeous!

Enfys said...

Saw this on the MB, had to comment again, just wonderful. - hugs, En x

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Simply gorgeous!

craftaddict said...

Love the colour combo.
eileenpaul

Nilda Rockenbach said...

beautiful.... I saw it on the boards...also.. love it

Rima said...

What an awesome card Julie!! It is just gorgeous :)

Thanks for dropping by my blog
x
Rima

Nikki said...

Julie this is gorgeous!

Amanda T said...

This is stunning!! You're so creative. Thanks for sharing!!

Lisa said...

Your card is so marvelous. Anyone would gasp when they opened this christmas card it is just so stunningly beautiful.

It's Jenn! said...

I absolutely LOVE this. Non traditional gets so exciting and you've really done an outstanding job! Beautiful card!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails