Monday 6 December 2010

FELT FLOWER USING SIZZIX BIGZ CHRISTMAS SPIRAL GARLAND DIE

















































Hello there
I made this card a while ago for a friend's birthday, and as you know when I make cards to give I take the less is more approach so this card has a lot of white space!!
I printed the happy birthday strip which I made in my graphics programme straight onto a 6x6" white card and added a pink felt flower cut using the Sizzix Bigz Spiral Garland die. This is a Christmas decoration die that I purchased last year especially for making these flowers!! For the card I probably used about half of the spiral but if you used the whole spiral the flower would be bigger and would make a great decoration for a hairband, hat or bag and I'm sure to decorate many items! The thicker dies will cut so many materials too, this is why I still love these dies. I added a pearl to finish off and some leaves cut with my Cricut using Give A Hoot cart.
So don't think this die is just for a Christmas decoration it'so versatile!
Well all the snow is gone here in Wales at the moment but it's still very cold and we could have more next week! Keep safe and warm everyone
Juliexx

7 comments:

"Um Buggin" said...

Whoo Hoo! I'm first! Awesome card Jules, love the spiral flower, and it is nice when things are so versatile, who would have thought about using it for a flower. Only the amazing Julie! Beautiful card my friend, I love it!
Keep warm yourself my dear, we have rain and it is very cold.

Hugz, xx

~L~

Sandi said...

Julie, love this crisp clean look, and that flower is glorious. Hugs

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Julie.

Hugs Riet.x

DonnaMundinger said...

WooHoo!!! I've GOT that die! I'm sooo gonna try this! LOVE your card! xxD

Stacey said...

Oh wow, there is one left in work I think I am going to have to buy it!!! I love the printed greeting band it look so effective x x x

Tanya Boracay said...

Lovely, nice photo.

Just like to share with you a famous quote...

"The voice of parents is the voice of gods, for to their children they are heaven's lieutenants. " -- Shakespeare

You can get more famous quotes at http://quotelandia.com

Amanda T said...

I love this! It is so beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails