Monday 10 May 2010

BBTB2 PEGGY LOVES VINTAGE AND TAGS, BAGS BOXES AND MORE CHALLENGE. WISH YOU WERE HERE!




















Good afternoon
This week over at BBTB2 our challenge is to use a tag from TBBM cartridge along with some gorgeous vintage images from Peggy Loves Vintage.
I decided to use these adorable images of a little boy and girl playing in the sand building sandcastles. So in order to set the scene I wanted some little beach huts in the background and these are actually made with tags from TBBM!
My card is a shadow box card which I designed using DS and Plantin School and it will fold down flat for posting. I printed the two children out twice and cut them out and just cut out the children again to pop dot for a little dimension. I welded five tags together in DS and cut lots of tags in patterned paper which I cut up and inked and adhered  over my welded tags along with some Prima vintage lace. I cut the waves from LAB border feature and the seagulls are also from this cart. Sun is from doodlecharms and finally the sentiment is computer generated , font LDJ Miss Me. The box is quite deep and  all pieces inside are adhered two four tabs at 1/2" spaces so in real life this is really quite 3D although my photography skills don't exactly show this well! The papers are from a Jessica Sprague paper download except for the frame which is DCWV.
I had so much fun making this little beach scene and thought this would be a novel way to use the tags!
Please make sure you pop over to BBTB2 to see the fantastic creations from the rest of the DT and also see some of the other fabulous images from Peggy Loves Vintage.
Thanks for looking and have a great week!
Juliexx

22 comments:

Jeri said...

Julie--Super cute to use the tags for little beach huts. Great inspiration.

Sandy from Ukiah said...

How clever you are Julie... I love it.

PeggyLovesVintage said...

Sweet! Sweet! Sweet! Sure wish I was there!!!! Love it Julie

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Julie.

Hugs Riiet.xx

Sandi said...

Julie, just precious, love the waves, the frame is awesome. Hugs

GiuliaG. said...

Great job on your card...I love all the dimension.

Anonymous said...

OMG, Julie! You totally rocked this challenge, girl! This is BEAUTIFUL!!! Love the dimension and what a creative way to use the tags! Yeah, I wish I was there too!

Stacey said...

Julie this is just so cute! The little beach huts are so cute just like you described!!! Fab fab card!!! You must show me how to make these box cards x x x

Nilda Rockenbach said...

wonderful card Julie

Creative Momma said...

love the shadow box look to your project...all the dimension is awesome..beautiful!
Hugs
Marina

A Little Time said...

This is so adorable! I just love the beach huts in the background.

"Um Buggin" said...

Julie, how creative is this my friend. I love the scene you created with the tags and the way you made it 3_D. i tell ya' you are on a roll with your designs. I hope my juices start to flow again soon. Super cute and thanks for sharing!

Hugz, xx

~L~

Enfys said...

This is so cute Julie, love the use of the waves. Gorgeous as always,
big hugs
En xx

Kelly said...

What a gorgeous card Julie! You really put a lot of thought into this one! Love how you did the waves, it adds so much dimension!

FauxPainter - Dee Paramour said...

A totally fabby creation, I love it. luv Dee xxx

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Julie this is so cute, great idea for the shadow box and it folds, just awesome.

hugs
Kaye x

Amanda T said...

I love this. Such a fun idea! That sun from Doodlecharms is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. And, after seeing this, I must use it more and more!! Thank you for sharing!!

Leigh said...

This is really cute, great idea.

Velta said...

Aaaawww Julie this is so precious...I have been wanting that TBB&M cartridge forever...you make me want it even more :)

Loopylou. said...

that is just too cute julie, i love it!! the little huts atthe back are super cute!!!

Court said...

I love the papers you used in the background. They are too cute! I'm so honored you decided to follow my blog! Thank you so much! That means so much!

Myrt said...

Oh my, Julie - you are so talented - this card is awesome!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails