Monday 19 April 2010

BBTB2 CHALLENGE FROM MY KITCHEN




Good evening
Well this week is my first challenge as a DT member for BITTEN BY THE BUG2. To say I was nervous is an understatement! Dee Dee from the team chose a cut from From My Kitchen cart and I wouldn't have even known this cut existed! It's the tabs card cut on the ice cream cut. It's a pretty little card with some flowers cut out.
I decided to use the tab as a tag card for a bunch of flowers. Backing paper is silver and duck egg blue from Hunky Dory. I first cut the tabs card at 7 1/2"in black and white polka dot and just used the flower cut outs for the large flowers. I also cut it at 1 1/2" in the same paper for a tag and backed with some lemon striped paper and rub on sentiment and added some little pearls and a gem. I made the ribbon flowers using a wonderful video tutorial by Kirsty Wiseman see her blog here. The tutoruial is for crepe paper flowers and the white flower is done with crepe but I decided to try some wired pink and green ribbon for the other two flowers and added pearl centres Finally a pink bow to finish off!
You should see the fabulous projects the rest of the team have created! Hope you'll pop over to BBTB2 and we'd love you to join in the challenge and don't forget to check out the Magnolia contest which is still going on!
Thanks so much for visiting and have a great week
Juliexx

16 comments:

Jo said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! I love these flowers!! You did a fabulous job with this challenge ... way to go!!

Now I'm off to watch that flower video, thanks.

Jo xx

Joanna said...

I love what you did here! The flowers are so pretty!

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Oh Julie, you have nothing to be nervous about, you did a fabulous fabulous job on this. Creativity is your middle name. hugs

"Um Buggin" said...

Awesome Julie!! Congrats on your first DT creation. I don't know why you were so nervous, your talent matches perfectly with the other DT members. Such a beautiful card, and I love the way you created the roses. You are on a roll my friend. Chat soon!

Hugz, xx

~L~

Stacey said...

Julie this is stunning! Those flowers are amazing! I am going to need a lesson! Congratulationa again on BBTB2 and if this card is a sign of things to come I cannot wait!!!

Creative Momma said...

AMAZING and sooooo beautiful, Julie!!!!!
Really breath-taking...I am in love with those flowers and adorable tag...
Hugs
Marina

Saxo Stamper said...

Hi Julie, this is gorgeous, aren't the flowers adorable.

K x

Sandi said...

Julie what a grand intro piece, love the flowers and the polka dots, Hugs

Unknown said...

This card is sooooo wonderful, love
the flowers on it!!
Yours Marion

Jeri said...

Gorgeous first card. Beautiful job on those crepe paper flowers. Welcome to the team.

Myrt said...

Oh Julie - this card is beautiful - you are sooooooo creative - fab card for your first challenge - CONGRATS!

Kelly said...

What a gorgeous card for your 1st BBTB2 DT creation. Those flowers are perfect, you really did a fabulous job with them. If I were to try something like that, they would end up in knots...lol! Great card!

Anonymous said...

Julie,
I feel so dumb but until just right now, while I am waiting on dinner to finish, I realized I might not have been following you...so I signed up!!! good grief!!!
Well thank you for your comment, I did wonder if I was the only one that had ever forgot to add something! LOL!
I LOVE this card and this was something I was drawn to out of the bunch too...so so sweet!

Leah

A Little Time said...

Gorgeous!! I absolutely love the flowers. What a great way to use the cut. You are so creative!

Lana Clarke said...

OMG Julie these flowers are amazing and I must give them a try!!! Beautiful card
Hugs
Lana xoxo

greenbean said...

omg!...stunning!...love these!...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails