Saturday 25 July 2009

21ST BIRTHDAY CARD USING NEW CUTTLEBUG HERRINGBONE FOLDER





Good afernoon all
Hope you're all having a lovely weekend!
Another male card today! Hopefully I can get back to pink and blingy very soon!
I was asked to make a 21st card for someone and my remit was his name, age, likes guitars and they wanted some photos on the card too!!
So armed with some childhood photos of Andrew, some DCWV Rockstar guitar paper this is what I came up with.
The card is backed with guitar paper from the DCWV rockstar pad.I used my cricut and Don Juan cart for the 21 cut in black for the base and silver for shadow @ 4 3/4". The base numbers have been embossed with one of the new CB embossing folders, this time I used Herringbone and like Donna Mundinger said on her blog this looks like tyre tracks (perfect for a male then!) Andrew's name has been done by welding letter in Design studio using Wildcard cart and silver mirri card and cut 3 times and adhered together to give a chipboard look. I cropped the photos and changed them to black and white and printed them on to silver inkjet film and the frames are shadow and base cut at 1 3/4 from My World cart. The middle frame is computer generated Happy Birthday font is Broadway on silver inkjet film. Some black 3d foam for pop dotting too. For special occasions I always record the details on the back of the card so that it's more of a keepsake as in the last photograph. I use software programme Greeting Card Factoty Deluxe programme for this as it's great for positioning and the font is again Broadway.
This card was so hard to photograph with all the silver foil papers etc and looks much better in real life!
Thanks as always for looking!
Juliexx

14 comments:

Emma said...

What a perfect and unique 21st card - I am sure he will love it ;D

"Um Buggin" said...

Oh Julie!! This card is just awesome!! Perfect for a males 21st birthday, as we know they like those kinds. You did an amazing job and I'm sure it will be a keepsake. TFS

Hugz, xx

~L~

Vicki said...

Julie I just love this card. It is so nice. I love how you added his pictures as a child in there too. I love it, it is perfect. Great job!

Kris said...

Totally perfect! Great for the age and just embarrassing enough with the old photos to not be too mushy! Happy Saturday...Kris

Sandy from Ukiah said...

Absolutely awesome.. I just love coming to your blog.. you are such an inspiration..

Riet said...

Ohhh wowww Julie,what beautiful.

Hugs Riet.x

Jeannie Phillips said...

you did an amazing job on this card...I love love it
hugs
Jeannie

Kaye's Crafty Place said...

Julie this card is awesome, I find male cards daunting but you seem to make it look easy. I have the guitar paper and the heringbone folder so may have to scraplift this one (if that's ok).

hugs
Kaye x

Measha06 said...

Lovely card, very chic and sophisticated. Tell me more about the silver inkjet film - not come across that.

- - Sheryl - - said...

another fabulous card!

DonnaMundinger said...

wow Julie! You are really rockin' the male cards! This is really fab. The photos are soooo cool! I just love this and I'm sure he will too! xxD

Stacey said...

another Huxter marvel, this is such a cute card Julie x x x

Scrappymax said...

Julie this is gorgeous as usual, just great for a boy/man. I love the way you have printed the photos onto silver film (where do you get this from as I would love to use some). He will love it.

Kelly said...

WOW another great card. You are SO talented. Love that embossing folder.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails